The Long Reach
A downloadable game for Windows, macOS, and Linux
"Calm down. This is all normal. Well, it’s a new normal. There was a malfunction that we can’t fix yet, but with your help I can make symptoms bearable. We’re all in the same boat here and should help each other."
"I’m Shelly, a lead scientist in General Education research facility. The job title is longer, but it’s not important. Here’s what I know so far, though."
"The experience-sharing program that we were studying went haywire. Maybe it’s that black box, maybe something else. The main symptom for you is that your nightmares and dreams no longer require sleeping to manifest. These hallucinations is all your subconscious. It turns out that given enough time with it, we go insane. But we can fix that."
The Long Reach is an adventure game filled with colorful characters, puzzles, and a shock of discovery. Wait, weren't we supposed to say “joy of discovery”? That can’t be right.
The Long Reach takes place in New Hampshire, in the fictional town of Baervox. The game draws its inspiration from Lone Survivor and The Cave and all the classical adventures (except that The Long Reach is set in the present day). You don't play in a post-apocalyptic world or explore a fairy-filled fantasy world. You’re in the thick of it, just around the corner from the place where you buy your groceries.
- The Long Reach is a horror-thriller hell bent on screwing with your perception of things.
- The game misuses stunning pixel art to create gruesome and unsettling images.
- You’ll be playing as Calvin throughout the game - this is an example of the lies and deception that we have in store for you.
- You won’t be forced to figure everything out. Escape if you wish, in fact we encourage you to run for your life!
- Solve puzzles that require thinking outside the box. The box provided by our publisher was never used during the development.
- You’ll be able to talk with plenty of characters. In fact, you’ll have a chance to pitch in every five lines or so.
- A classic adventure game inventory filled with keys and weird stuff (note: no Elvish swords glowing faintly blue when evil is close in this game).
- Original atmospheric and haunting soundtrack. The composer's not right in the head, he brought weird stuff home to use in the soundtrack. We’re all concerned for his cat.
- Check out The Long Reach Signature Edition PS4 UNBOXING!70 days ago
- The Long Reach is on Steam, PS4 and Nintendo Switch!73 days ago
- Demo updated ready for Wednesday's releaseMar 12, 2018
- Official release date setFeb 16, 2018
Log in with itch.io to leave a comment.
About the contest for "Win a copy of Signature Edition Games' The Long Reach etc ", how we know if we have win ? Do you contact him ? Because I've 43 entries and.. I don't know if that's enough x)
I found that to be very entertaining, I look forward to playing the full game. I know a lot of people watching will love it. 5/5.
Amazing work, this could lead to something big, the dialogue and its system need some work (i took the survey and filled in with the details, don't worry about it) nice work (again)
Loved this game! INCREDIBLE cant wait for more! Are you guys going to try and greenlight it on steam? Really should think of that because i would play for this game!
Hi ThreeInches! Thank you so much for the let's play! :)
We are definitely going to put The Long Reach on Greenlight. People should know the truth about REAL monsters.
But first of all, new public demo is coming. We also have a little survey here, it would be great if you checked it out. :)
Thanks again and stay tuned!
Literally make me so excited i cannot wait! p.s. Is Cuddlin the real monster (plot twist), all jokes aside you guys should be really really proud of this one, well done!
On mac-os can not exit from game! ESC and cmd+tab are locked. Just reboot my mac and delete game. Sorry but is fair. (i know thats only a beta)
Hi, looks like it's a bug. We will surely fix this in future updates! Thank you for report!
guys, i'm waiting for new episodes! poor calvin's girlfriend..